Celebrate this month with all the delicious Hispanic culinary spices, smells and tastes including healthy avocados.
Healthy avocados are a nutrient-dense, versatile fruit that can be used in a variety of tasty recipes including Hispanic inspired ones, all of which can fit into a sensible eating plan.
Not only are avocados are already a key element in our diet but have many nutrients and benefits we might not know of. For example:
- Healthy avocados contain 6 g of naturally good fat per 50 g serving.
- Dietary fiber from fruit like avocados, as part of an overall healthy diet, helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and may lower risk of heart disease.
- Avocados are low in saturated fat, and are cholesterol- and sodium-free.
Include avocados in all your favorite Hispanic dishes or make some of our favorite Hispanic inspired recipes.
- Tropical Horchata Frappe
- Hispanic Grilled Chicken Breasts with Fresh Avocado Chimichurri Sauce
- Roasted Patatas Bravas with Spicy Avocado Aioli
- Lightened-up Migas with Avocado Tomatillo Salsa