It’s spring-cleaning season, which means it is time to focus on beginnings and toss out the old to make way for the new. To make spring cleaning an entertaining chore, try dancing to some salsa music and sipping on a refreshing Fresh Avocado Water/Agua Fresca de Aguacate while you clean, organize, and wash away.
Even though spring cleaning is all about giving attention to beautifying our homes, you can't forget to give the same love and care to your health. Adding fresh avocados to meals (and beverages, like agua fresca!) is an easy way to revamp fresh, healthy eating.
Fresh avocados are:
- Full of nutrients, with almost 20 vitamins and minerals
- A versatile fruit that can be used in many sweet and salty snacks
- A great on-the-go snack. If you're in a rush, simply grab a spoon!
Agua Fresca de Aguacate Recipe:
- 4 cups of honeydew melon. Be sure to seed it and cut it into 1-inch cubes
- 1 fresh, ripe avocado, that has been halved, pitted, peeled, and sliced. Set aside 4 slices for garnish.
- 4 cups water
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Add avocado, melon, lime juice, and salt to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and frothy.
- Serve over ice.
You can find various tasty avocado recipes – from soups to salads to smoothies and appetizers – all of which can fit into sensible eating plans at Saborea Uno Hoy.com.