SFLHCC Hispanic Leadership Awards announces this year's winners
On Friday, 31st March 2023, the South Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce hosted its annual Hispanic Leadership Awards with 470 attendees at the Biltmore Hotel. The event announced 22 leadership awards to honor different trailblazers serving in their fields.
14 out of 22 award recipients were women. Christi Fraga, the Mayor of Doral City, received the Lifetime Achievement Award to end on an amazing note.
Here's the Hispanic Leadership Awards list of this year's honorees:
The lifetime achievement award
Christi Fraga, the City of Doral Mayor, was presented with the lifetime achievement award in recognition of her work to improve Doral residents'quality of life. She has worked to improve mobility, infrastructure, and transmission, all the while promoting transparency and fiscal responsibility.
Christi is also involved in other community causes to ensure safety through police presence and city improvement through cultural events and parks. The co-founder of SFLHCC, Liliam Lopez, presented her with this award.
Other event honorees and award recipients included
The Hispanic Leadership Awards celebrates public service and excellence and aims to honor those whose contributions play a pivotal role in improving the lives around them.
Other honorees of the Hispanic Leadership Awards and recipients included renowned members of the Hispanic public service and business communities. Some of the honorees and their awards included:
- Alex DeMoya& Lilian DeMoya of The DeMoya Foundation – Bernie Martinez Citizenship Award
- Carolina Ferreiro-Diaz of Pharma Natural – Business Award
- Sylvia Montenegro and George Acevado of Chase – Chairman's Distinguished Community Service Award
- Abel Iglesias of Professional Bank – Ralph Gonzalez-Jacabo Banking/Finance Award
- Dr. Vivian Gonzalez – Philanthropy Award
- Dr. NitzaKallos of the University of Miami Health System – Lifetime Achievement Award in Healthcare Award
- Carolina Veira of CareMax – Community Healthcare Advocate Award
- Jennifer Ray of Miami Jewish Health – Community Compassionate Care Award
- Andre Rodriguez of Influence Communications - Communications Award
- Alex Almazan ofAlmazan Law - South Florida Legal Awar
- Mari Tere Rojas, Miami-Dade County Public Schools Board Chair - Education Advocate Award
- Cristy Clavijo-Kish ofTalento Unlimited - Marketing/Public Relations Award
- Joe Avetrani, Gil, Garden of Avetrani Insurance Group - Insurance Services Award
- Mauro Olivieri of City Place Doral - Hospitality & Tourism Award
- Max B. Rothman of Alliance for Aging - Non-Profit Excellence Award
- Dr. Elizabeth M. Bejar of FIU - President's Distinguished Community Service Award
- Michelle Rudnick of PC Solutions - Technology Award
- Juan Aguerrebere, Jr., CPA, CFF, CrFA, CPAML of PAAST – Accounting Award
- Amy Quintana Avalos of World Fuel Services Corporation - Sustainability Award
- David Perez of United Cerebral Palsy - Young Professional Award
- Elaine Del Valle of Del Valle Productions – Art Award
Learn more about SFLHCC, including its efforts and events like the Hispanic Leadership Awards to recognize Hispanic leaders and businesses, on their website.