Look beyond the jargon and understand with Florida Blue, what health insurance is all about
With the rising healthcare costs, getting quality healthcare has become a very costly affair. This is why healthcare insurance is a necessary investment everyone must consider; it provides you with guaranteed financial protection against expensive medical bills.
However, many are hesitant about purchasing healthcare insurance plans because they consider them confusing and expensive. In truth, that is not the case.
The Florida Blue way
Getting quality health insurance is more accessible and more affordable than you think. Here’s why:
- According to Florida Blue, the state’s leading health insurer, over 174,000 individuals in Florida qualify for a $0 per month coverage due to financial assistance.
- It’s more affordable than you think. According to the Department of Health and Human Services, four out of five people are eligible for a healthcare plan for $10 or less through financial assistance offered by the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Over 90 percent of Floridians with an individual or family health insurance plan through Marketplace get a bill reduction from the government.
- More people can opt for financial assistance due to updated Affordable Care Act (ACA) sections.
- According to Consumer Health Ratings, it costs as much as $10,000 for a visit to the ER in Florida. Health insurance is very useful in such situations.
- Compared to any other state in the US, Florida has the most number of people enrolled in health insurance plans offered through the Marketplace.
- The state has thousands of licensed health insurance agents who can help you, free of cost, in determining which health plan will work for you and your family and how you can apply for financial help.
- Non-US citizens can also receive a subsidy without it impacting their immigration status.
Why Florida Blue?
The leading health insurance company in Florida offers a variety of affordable healthcare insurance plans tailored to fit clients' needs. These include:
- Medicare is for individuals 65 or older and younger adults with a disability or other conditions.
- Individual and Family insurance for families and individuals
- Business healthcare insurance for employees and administrators.
Besides having good health insurance your health is something you should always stay on top of. Stay connected for more tips and resources that make life easier by subscribing to Calle Ocho News.