Press button to play/pause.
Ringing in its eighth year as the festival’s Official Latin Foods Provider, Goya brought a stellar lineup of top chefs and unforgettable Latin dishes
Returning as the Official Latin Foods Provider, Goya Foods of Florida heated up the Food Network & Cooking Channel South Beach Wine & Food Festival (SOBEWFF®) for its eighth year. Bigger, brighter, bolder and louder than ever, Goya Foods created the ultimate Carnaval experience for festival-goers throughout the four-day event. Goya Foods brought the Latin heat not only to the festival grounds on South Beach, but also showcased its authentic flavors with three signature events: Goya Foods’Grand Tasting Village, Goya Foods’ Fun and Fit as a Family featuring Kidz Kitchen, Goya Foods’ Swine & Wine and their product integrations at all Marriott Bonvoy™North Venue events. Throughout the four days of SOBEWFF®, Goya Foods presented a lineup of tops chefs that impressed attendees with their culinary mastery, including Fernando Desa, Goya’s executive chef;Jose Mendín, executive chef at Food Comma Group; Richard Ingraham, personal chef to Dwyane Wade and executive chef at ChefRLI; and Sean Brasel, executive chef and owner of Meat Market. “At Goya, we seek to bring the flavors of Latin America to life through our products and delicious recipes,” said Frank Unanue, president of Goya Foods of Florida. “By bringing the full experience of Carnaval to SOBEWFF®, we offered festival-goers a full sensory taste of our Latin culture.” Goya Foods invited guests to sink their teeth into the Carnaval atmosphere and experience its iconic Latin American products, from Thursday, February 21 through Sunday, February 24, 2019: Goya Foods’ Grand Tasting Village featuring Mastercard Grand Tasting Tents & Publix Culinary Demonstrations sponsored by Sub-Zero Group Southeast.
Friday, February 22 – Sunday, February 24
● Goya Foods’ culinary expert and executive chef, Fernando Desa, welcomed guests to aCarnaval celebration at the fourth annual Goya Foods’Grand Tasting Villagewith fresh Latin dishes curated exclusively for SOBEWFF®.
● On Friday, Celebrity Chef Richard Ingraham, personal chef to Miami Heat basketball player Dwyane Wade and Executive Chef at ChefRLI, got the festival off to a great start with a show-stopping dish that surely impressed festival-goers.
● On Saturday, Chef Desa shared the kitchen with one of Miami’s most recognized chefs, Jose Mendin, executive chef at the newest local hot spot, La Placita, showcasing savory dishes that left festival-goers asking for more.
Goya Foods’ Fun and Fit as a Family featuring the Kidz Kitchen Saturday, February 23 - Sunday, February 24
● For junior gourmands, Goya Foods’ Fun and Fit as a Family featuring the Kidz Kitchen, consisted of a family-friendly experience that included healthy food tastings, activities to get the whole family moving, and a lineup of world-class cooking demonstrations.
●Chef Richard Ingraham, returned as emcee of the Kidz Kitchen, where celebrity chefs such as Rev Run & Justine Simmons, Adrianne Calvo, Robert Irvine and Rocco DiSpirito, and more presented cooking demos for the young attendees.
●On Sunday, chef Ingraham took the Kidz Kitchen stage with chef Desa for an interactive demonstration perfect for chefs of all ages.
Goya Foods’ Swine & Wine
Sunday, February 24
● In true Carnaval fashion, the festivities continued into the late hours of the evening. In lavish style, Goya Foods transformed the Biltmore Hotel for the seventh annual Goya Foods’ Swine & Wine presented by The National Pork Board hosted by Eileen Andrade and Fernando Desa. Chef Desa and executive chef and owner of the Meat Market, Sean Brasel,invited attendees to taste the flavors of pork like never before. The pair curated savory dishes with Goya Foods’ signature Latin flare.
All proceeds from the Festival benefited the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management at Florida International University. For more information about Goya Foods’, including new recipes and cooking tips, please visit www.Goya.com. Follow the conversation on Facebook at@GoyaFoods, Twitter at @GoyaFoods, Pinterest [email protected] and Instagram at @GoyaFoods using #GoyaSOBE.
About Goya Foods
Founded in 1936, Goya Foods, Inc. is America’s largest Hispanic-owned food company, and has established itself as the leader in Latin American food and condiments. Goya manufactures, packages, and distributes over 2,500 high-quality food products from Spain, the Caribbean, Mexico, Central and South America. Goya products have their roots in the culinary traditions of Hispanic communities around the world. The combination of authentic ingredients, robust seasonings and convenient preparation makes Goya products ideal for every taste and every table. For more information on Goya Foods, please visit www.goya.com.