Chef Chris Valdes Food Network Star finalist shares this easy-to-make and delicious dip that you can master at home
Miami native Chef Chris Valdes is probably a name you recognize from Season 14 of “Food Network Star” where he was a finalist. Today, he still dedicates most of his time to creating delicious dishes and continuing his passion for cooking which he’s had all his life. To share this passion, he decided to share with Calle Ocho News the recipe for his Three-Cheese Chorizo Dip, which he made on Food Network Star, for you all to try at home.
The ingredients you will need are:
- 1 pound ground Mexican chorizo
- 1 medium onion, small dice
- 1 medium green bell pepper, small dice
- 1 can of tomatoes (16 oz)
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 slices Munster cheese
- 2 slices Manchego cheese
- 2 slices Gruyere cheese
- Olive Oil, for cooking
- 1 baguette, cut into ½-inch slices and toasted or grilled
To execute the dish just as Chef Valdes would, follow the instructions below:
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add some olive oil and the chorizo. Cook while breaking the meat up with a spoon, until browned (about 5 minutes). Then place the onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, and chili powder in the skillet and cook until it reaches a thick consistency (about 5 minutes).
- After Preheating the broiler place the chorizo mixture in an oven-safe dish and layer on the Manchego, Muenster, and Gruyere cheeses.
- Broil until the cheese is nice and soft maybe even a little golden brown if that suits your taste buds. Serve with the baguette slices.
About Chef Chris Valdes
Chef Chris Valdes was born and raised in Miami, Florida, where his passion for cooking was developed while he was young. He grew up in a Cuban family that owned several restaurants. His mother always included him in her cooking endeavors and assisted him in cooking his first family meal at 10-years-old. He fuses Caribbean flavors with modern influences and does so on his YouTube channel and through his catering business.