Miami News

Work accident compensations


What types of injuries lead to work accident compensations?

There are different types of accidents to be considered for paid compensation by the insurance company. The first thing that the lawyer will name is if the accident took place at work, whether due to a slip or fall, an improper movement that could cause pain, or even if it is personal negligence. Sometimes there’s a possibility that the insurance company that covers your employer could owe you work compensation benefits.

Sometimes the accidents are compensate even if the claimant thinks otherwise. It’s always suggested to discuss your particular situation with a lawyer to see the available options. The benefits for a claimant could include financial compensation due to lack of funds, if you’re excused from work by a compensation doctor and medical care benefits, where every medical treatment is paid by your employer’s insurance company.

The most common cases are orthopedic cases, such as complaints about back pain that are very common when it’s required for the employee to carry weight in the workplace. Other orthopedic problems could be fractures or damaged tendons that sometimes end up needing surgery. If that’s the case, compensation due to lack of funds could be asked for the claimant during the recovery period. Additionally, a claimant could need medical treatment with several specialties during the course of recovery.

Other problems that could come up at the workplace include internal hernia, due to heavy lifting. Additionally, knee problems, broken ligaments, and car crashes on the way towards your workplace could be compensated. Sometimes the exact date when the pain started or a medical problem that could be attributed to work can’t be identified. However, a lawyer could help in determining if there’s a work case for repetitive action periods that occur during the claimant’s job. That’s why it’s important to talk with a lawyer about the options that could affect a working claim.

The lawyer Gloria García is bilingual and can answer any question about your case. For more information about her services, please get in touch with her for a completely free first consult at Gloria M. García, P.A.‘s office at (305) 821-1440. She will answer to any concern about your legal rights in cases of work compensation.


Stay up to date with the latest news from Miami

Calle Ocho needs you!

Calle Ocho risks losing many businesses as well as its appeal if the government does not allow for expanded outdoor seating by using parking lanes and closing streets.

Sign here, save Calle Ocho