Bring a picnic lunch and just enjoy the nature
If you don't know what to do this Sunday, we have an idea for you. Just spend a relaxing day with your family and friends at the Deering Estate on Sunday, January 22, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Bring a picnic lunch and enjoy lawn games and tours of the historic houses and natural areas.
But this is not all. You can also enjoy the following activities:
• Old fashioned lawn games;
• Historic house tours at 10:30 a.m. & 3:00 p.m.;
• Natural areas tour at 12:30 p.m.;
• Mini-canoe/kayak tours at 10:30 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. (for a $10 fee; cash only & weather permitting);
• The second day of "Affair en Plein Air," an outdoor juried painting event by GroveHouse Artists, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Judging takes place at 1:30 p.m. with Juror Helen Burgos;
• "Formal and Fanciful Works by Ramon Casas" Exhibit - a special collection highlight featuring formal and fanciful works by Catalan Artist Ramon Casas i Carbó (1866 - 1932). Special thanks to the Charles Deering Library at Northwestern University for making this exhibition possible.
Admission: $7 for ages 4 and older. Please note that grilling and cooking is not permitted on the Estate.
For more information, please call 305-235-1668 ext. 233.