Celebrate our nation's independence with family and friends on Tuesday, July 4. With fireworks, barbecues and festivities, what more could you ask for? Take a look at the following patriotic activities going on throughout Miami-Dade County during the Fourth of July holiday.
County services and facilities
- Miami-Dade County offices are closed Tuesday, July 4.
- There will be no garbage or trash collection Tuesday, July 4. For customers with this service date, garbage will be picked up on the next regularly scheduled service date, Friday, July 7. Recycling will be collected as normal on July 4.
- Transportation services will run on a Sunday schedule Tuesday, July 4.
- Librariesare closed July 3-4.
- Enjoy $10 Daysin honor of our Nation's Birthday and Zoo Miami's 37th Anniversary July 1-4.
- Celebrate America's birthday at Black Point Park and Marinaon July 4. Come celebrate the nation's birthday with an all-American day at the park followed by a spectacular fireworks display. Read the press release.
- America's Birthday Bashreturns to Bayfront Park in Downtown Miami July 4 with live music, a Kids' Zone — and fireworks that begin at 9 p.m.
- Take advantage of golf specials and squeeze in a round before watching fireworks. Book a tee time onlineor call 1-855-GOLF-305.
- Kick off Fourth of July festivities with free music by The Air National Guard Band of the SouthJuly 1 at 7 p.m. at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center.
- Planning on taking the boat out? Sign up for Miami-Dade Marina Alertsfor text messages about boat ramp closures and re-openings sent to your phone.
- To be safe for the holidays, remember the Three A's of Crime Prevention: Be Aware of Your Surroundings, Be Alert to Suspicious People and Vehicles, Avoid Dangerous Situations.
- Check out Miami-Dade Fire Rescue's fireworks safety tips.
- Here are some safety tipsfor our four-legged friends who want to join in the fun