Do's and don'ts for a healthy digestion process
Digestion is a very complex process in which the food is transformed both physical and chemical so it could be absorbed by the small intestine. Not paying attention to what and how we are eating could affect the normal function of the digestive system. There are a lot of diseases associated with unhealthy diet and lifestyle like obesity, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, bloating, nausea, ulcer etc.
Here are some tips to avoid frequent visits at your doctor and spending a lot of money on medication:
- Eat more often a day small amounts of food. It is more indicated to have 5 small meals per day than 2-3 consistent meals.
- Add 25-30 grams of soluble and insoluble fiber in your diet. This amount could be obtained from 5 serving of fruits and vegetables per day.
- Avoid eating too much fatty foods. If you can's stay away from a fatty steak, make sure you are combining it with green and raw vegetables because they help the digestion of fat.
- Avoid sugar, caffeine, alcohol, fried food, fizzy drinks and smoking cigarettes.
- Choose to eat fermented and probiotics dairy. Studies have confirmed that probiotics (bifidus cultures) have a lot of benefits for the digestive system and for the health in general.
- Avoid too hot or too cold drinks and foods.
- Don't rush and take time to chew well every bite.
- Try to eat at the same hours every day. It's going to be hard in the beginning, but after a few weeks it will become a habit.
- While you are eating, be sure that your attention is focused on the eating action only. Don't talk, stress about things or have arguments.
- Stay comfortable and choose a table with the right height for you. This way you can avoid the stomach compression because of a bad posture.
- Exercise! If you don't have time for a complete workout session, 30 minutes of exercise should be enough.
- Don't forget to drink water. It will ease the whole digestion process and it will help dissolving fats and soluble fiber.
Give them a try! These simple and useful tips will make the difference and save you from awful disease.