It’s spring-cleaning season! Time to focus on beginnings by tossing out the old and making way for the new. Make spring cleaning an entertaining chore – dance to some salsa music and sip on a refreshingly Fresh Avocado Water/Agua Fresca de Aguacate while you organize, clean and wash away.
While we give attention to beautifying our homes, don’t forget to give your health the same love and care. Adding fresh avocados to meals (and beverages, like agua fresca!) is an easy way to revamp fresh, healthy eating.
Fresh avocados are:
- A nutrient-rich choice, contributing nearly 20 vitamins and minerals
- A versatile fruit that can be added to your sweet and salty snacks
- A great on-the-go snack, simply grab a spoon!
Agua Fresca de Aguacate Recipe:
- 4 cups honeydew melon, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 ripe, fresh avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced, reserve 4 slices for garnish
- 4 cups water
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- In a blender, add melon, avocado, water, lime juice and salt.
- Blend until smooth and frothy.
- Serve over ice.
You can find various tasty avocado recipes – from soups to salads to smoothies and appetizers – all of which can fit into sensible eating plans at Saborea Uno Hoy.com.